Date Added: 27 June 2017
: 13 July 2017
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Wera Hobhouse MP (Bath)
Salary: Circa £32,000
Length of Contract:
Wera Hobhouse MP is seeking an exceptional individual to help set up and manage her new constituency office in Bath. The individual ideally will have experience in office management.
The role needs someone with strong people, IT and organisational skills, and a genuine commitment to the constituency.
Responsibilities will include:
• Line management of constituency staff
• Co-ordination of projects
• Oversight of casework
• Advising on policy issues, including analysing, evaluating and interpreting data
• Liaison with groups and stakeholders at Westminster, within the constituency and general public on the MP’s behalf media coverage and brief the MP accordingly
• Overall management of the MP’s diary
• Making sure the office and MP have administrative support
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good IT skills which will include Microsoft Office, Caseworker MP software, spreadsheets, expenses systems and internet research
• Office management, administrative and time management skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 July 2017
Interview and start dates are to be decided and are negotiable. Interviews will be held in Bath.
Please send your CV and covering letter setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills and responsibilities by email to: Wera.Hobhouse.MP@parliament.uk.