Date Added: 10 July 2017
: 30 July 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: George Freeman MP (Mid Norfolk)
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
George Freeman MP is seeking a junior Caseworker for his Mid Norfolk constituency office in Wymondham. Knowledge and experience of Mid Norfolk and/or the surrounding area is desired, but not essential.
As part of an ongoing commitment by George to embrace new ways of improving constituency contacts, correspondence and casework, including the use of new digital tools, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to be at the cutting edge of developing innovative approaches to #DigitalDemocracy and political engagement.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and will have strong organisational skills, adaptability and the motivation required to excel in a fast paced and highly ambitious parliamentary team.
• Drafting and issuing of correspondence on behalf of the MP on a diverse range of local matters.
• Dealing with queries from constituents on a variety of platforms, always responding to them in a timely and polite manner.
• Managing the progress of casework, ensuring all cases are dealt with in an effective manner, while maintaining accurate records that comply with the Data Protection Act.
• Liaising with third parties including government departments, agencies, local councils and businesses.
• Carrying out thorough research on a number of constituency issues and presenting it in a clear and structured manner.
• Attend surgeries and other meetings to assist MP with a variety of constituency issues.
• Assisting with the drafting and sending out of constituency bulletins.
• Analysing and interpreting data on key issues.
• Other administrative tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• A feel for people.
• A highly organised manner with the ability to manage and prioritise a large caseload.
• The ability to work to tight deadlines calmly and while under pressure.
• Personal initiative, commitment and a strong, pro-active work ethic.
• Comfortable working individually and as part of a team.
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Adept at using Microsoft Office, social media platforms and digital comms.
• Sympathetic views towards the aims and values of the MP and the Conservative Party as a
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 July 2017
Interviews will take place at the beginning of August.
Please send a CV and a one page Covering Letter by email to email@example.com.
For an informal conversation about this role, please call the Constituency Office on 01953 600617.