Date Added: 24 July 2017
: 18 August 2017
Job Title: Social Media Officer (maternity cover)
Working For: Green Party of England and Wales
Salary: £25,000 –£30,000
The Green Party is recruiting a Social Media Officer for maternity cover. We have a growing social media presence with over 300,000 followers on Facebook and 211,000 followers on Twitter. You will help us to manage those accounts, and you'll create and post content. You will also be helping us to continue the growth of our social media presence by implementing our new post-election social media strategy to reach a new audience.
1. Maintain the Green Party’s social media presence and range of activities across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
2. Translate the Green Party’s policies and messaging into engaging and compelling digital content for a variety of channels and audiences.
3. Working with the wider communications team to plan and create content for social media. This will include photos, graphics, and videos.
4. Work with the wider communication team to plan how social media can be used to amplify issue-specific campaigns run by the party.
5. Use social media activists (remote volunteers) and national party volunteers to promote our social media activities across the country and to many different social spectrums.
6. Monitor local parties’ social media activities and provide guidance and control where necessary.
7. In conjunction with the Fundraising and Membership Team, use social media to assist in fundraising activities and driving up membership numbers.
8. In conjunction with Membership Resources and Engagement Officer, assist and explore new ways of membership engagement on external digital channels.
9. In conjunction with the Digital and Membership teams, oversee the Green Party’s social media marketing activity including training and supporting other staff in such functions.
10. Work closely with the press team to share relevant news and commentary from Green Party spokespeople as well as using social channels to engage with the media and influencers.
11. Contribute to the communications team’s Out-Of-Hours function, ensuring there is sufficient cover and expertise for social media channels.
12. Identify issues that could potentially damage the organisation’s reputation and recommend digital communications actions to manage and mitigate such risks.
13. Support and promote the Party’s digital publications.
Closing Date: 18 August 2017
Interviews: week commencing 28.08.17.
You can find the all details about the role and the relevant forms - www.greenparty.org.uk/jobs.
Please address every point of the person specification in the Supporting Statement Section of the Application Form.
The completed Application and Equal Opportunity Form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only successful candidates will be notified.