Date Added: 1 August 2017
: 25 August 2017
Job Title: Administrator
Working For: The Parliament Project
Salary: £10 per hour (8 hours a week - flexible)
The Parliament Project exists to inspire, empower and encourage women to run for political office in the UK. We run workshops around the country for women who want to find out more about becoming an MP or Councillor, or just want to explore other routes for political engagement.
We are a small dynamic team, with an impressive cross-party Board of Advisors. Our activities are now in great demand, and we are looking for a proactive, efficient person to help us to run the Parliament Project workshops across the country.
We need someone who will -
- Manage incoming queries to The Parliament Project e-mail account
- Assist with coordinating workshops - liaising with trainers and speakers, organising travel, room bookings, pay invoices etc
- Ensure that all workshop materials are up to date and consistent
- Maintain our volunteer database
- Limited research into relevant topics where necessary
We are looking for someone who meets the following criteria -
- Friendly and efficient e-mail and phone manner
- Excellent administrative skills, including the use of Excel, Powerpoint and Word packages
- Experience of events organisation - ideally training/workshops
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively about how to approach issues
- Passionate about the aims of the Parliament Project
- Committed to cross-party non-partisan working on this issue (political party members and activists are very welcome to apply)
This post is home-based, and the weekly hours are entirely flexible.
Closing Date: 25 August 2017
Interviews are likely to be conducted in the week beg 4th Sept - this may take place via Skype depending on where shortlisted applicants are based.
Please send a short (1 page) covering letter detailing how you meet the job specification and why you feel that you are a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a CV of no longer than 2 pages, and 2 references.