Date Added: 9 August 2017
: 2 October 2017
Job Title: Digital Storyteller and Community Champion
Working For: onebillion
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
If… you want to make a difference, you really care for the products and projects you’re involved in, and you want to use your skills to change the world, …then please read on!
We are a small but mighty non-profit in the education technology sector – think start-up office atmosphere – with a big impact. We are now growing our team and are looking for the right person (rather than the right CV) to work on and develop our digital communications.
About this role
We are looking for a Digital Storyteller and Community Champion. You will work closely with our CEO and (on her return from maternity leave) our Head of Communications, in shaping and implementing the digital content strategies for our social media accounts and external communications. You will be a natural storyteller with a creative flair and powerful communication skills. You will be tech-savvy and have a genuine interest in the role that education technology can have in international development. You will be happy to jump in deep waters and grow in your role.
• Shape and implement a digital content strategy with metrics
• Create and curate brand-consistent content assets for our social media accounts
• Write, edit and proof-read content for our monthly newsletter and website
• Serve as primary point of contact for our partnership enquiries from other organisations
• Provide exceptional support to customers of our commercial maths apps. Sales of these support our continued work
• Superior copywriting and editing skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task
• Tech-savvy with a good knowledge of tools like Mailchimp, Hootsuite, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A good sense of judgement on when to involve senior members of the team
• Keen interest or experience in edtech
• Working with a diverse team of authors, educators and developers
• Knowing that what you’re working on has the potential to unlock the inherent talents every child possesses
• Possibility for international travel
Please, absolutely no recruiters!
Closing Date: 2 October 2017
We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and may appoint before the closing date.
Send your CV (max 2 pages) to email@example.com.
In your cover message, please answer the following questions:
• What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your life so far and how did you overcome it?
• Can you summarise onebillion in 3 adjectives and explain each?
• How would you deliver beyond expectation in this role?
30 August 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the post has now been filled.