Date Added: 4 September 2017
: 15 September 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Vicky Foxcroft MP (Lewisham, Deptford)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Vicky is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working caseworker to join her constituency office team in Deptford. The successful candidate will be a fast learner who is comfortable working independently in a demanding and busy environment.
- Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues (e.g. immigration, housing, benefits) through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others.
- Attending advice surgeries and other meetings as appropriate (sometimes during evenings and weekends).
- Managing own caseload and progress of casework.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation.
- Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
- Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner (in line with the Data Protection Act).
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent IT, administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience of dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Previous experience of handling casework in a relevant setting.
- Knowledge of issues concerning people in Lewisham Deptford and an understanding of the local area.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and goals of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 September 2017
Closing at 17.00.
We are hoping to hold interviews at the constituency office in Deptford on Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th September.
To apply, please send a covering letter (max 1 side A4) and CV (max 2 sides A4) to email@example.com stating "Caseworker Application" in the subject line.
Alternatively, you can post your application to: Vicky Foxcroft MP, House of Commons,London SW1A 0AA.
If you have any questions or require further information, please either email the above address or call the constituency office on 020 8469 4638.