Ed Miliband MP is looking for an Office Manager to lead a busy Constituency Office and manage a small team. The job is full time and based in his constituency office in Doncaster.
Responsibilities will include:
• providing a range of administrative and secretarial support
• ensuring the MP is accurately informed on key issues in the constituency
• dealing with complex queries and issues on the MP’s behalf, including drafting letters
• liaising with groups/organisations and the general public in Westminster and within the constituency on the MP's behalf as necessary
• managing the office team, ensuring accurate records are kept and liaising with IPSA
• overall management of the MP's diary commitments in the constituency
• strategic oversight of office management, delegating tasks and overseeing administrative systems
• liaising with local press and media and maintenance of the website
• taking the lead on initiating and managing community projects
• responsibility for all aspects of the office budget.
• extensive experience of working within a parliamentary office.
• experience of managing a budget.
• experience of working with a wide range of people with complex demands.
• excellent administration skills.
• excellent communication skills.
• experience of managing projects.
• sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party
• available to work some weekends/evenings (mainly Fridays)
• experience of working with the media
• good local contacts within the surrounding area including LA, NHS, Housing Assocs, charities etc.
• experience of managing staff.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Interviews will take place week beginning 2nd October. Applicants should be free to take up the post as soon as possible. Due to the expected number of applicants it will not be possible to acknowledge or give feedback on unsuccessful applications
Please send a covering letter (max 2 pages) explaining why you are interested in applying for this post with brief details of your most recent experience and a two page CV to email@example.com.