Date Added: 13 September 2017
: 25 September 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Caseworker
Working For: Seema Malhotra MP (Feltham and Heston)
Salary: In line with IPSA Payscales and dependent on experience
Feltham and Heston MP Seema Malhotra is seeking an experienced case-worker to join her constituency team and work alongside the Senior Caseworker. The position is expected to be full time but a part time role of 3-4 days a week could be considered for an experienced caseworker. The role will require working in the constituency and in Parliament. Occasional weekend surgery support may be required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with standard casework queries and correspondence from constituents
- Working independently to progress cases
- Drafting responses to constituents, government ministers, public bodies and stakeholders on behalf of the Member
- Managing surgeries, coffee mornings. visits and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with daily written and telephone enquiries from members of the public and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate to the Member
- Experience of casework is essential, preferably at least 2-3 years’ experience including benefits and immigration cases and of working with diverse communities
- Ability to work well with the rest of the office team and volunteers
- Ability to handle complex cases
- Proficient in IT – experience using Caseworker.mp and Nationbuilder software preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 September 2017
Interview date: To be arranged upon application.
Start date: As soon as possible, to be arranged with the successful candidate.
Please note - the successful candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
To apply, please send a CV and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Application: Caseworker Position’.