Date Added: 2 October 2017
: 9 October 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (Researcher)
Working For: Keith Vaz MP (Leicester East)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scale
The Rt Hon Keith Vaz MP is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to work in his busy Westminster Office. The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and highly organised individual with strong communication skills and eye for detail, able to work on their own and as part of wider team.
- Political sensitivity and understanding of current political issues.
- Team player with ability to work with constituency staff
- Self-motivated including ability to work with little supervision.
- Excellent written skills
- Have the ability to learn quickly and to adapt to changing workload
- Good computer skills
- Confident telephone manner
- At least three months experience in a busy office
Work tasks may include:
- Preparing briefings
- Researching for Parliamentary material and briefs
- Drafting speeches
- Supporting Member of Parliament in his role as Chairman of the APPG Grope on Yemen
- Event organisation
- Office administration
- Drafting correspondence
- Liaising with other MP offices and outside bodies
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 October 2017
Interviews will take place on Thursday 12th October 2017.
The start date will be as soon as particle for the chosen candidate and with mutual agreement.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that, due to the number of applications, unsuccessful applicants will not receive a response.