Date Added: 6 October 2017
: 1 November 2017
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: Wonder Foundation
Salary: £22,000 pro rata (4 days per week)
Working within a small charity, this role is at the centre of our work with four key goals:
- To amplify the work and voices of our partners
- To promote and share our vision
- To engage audiences in our events
- To engage new and existing donors and increase giving.
Key roles and duties
- To give the strategic direction for all communications objectives and targets, working closely with the Director, Director of Policy and Campaigns and Fundraising Manager.
- To manage the execution and drafting of all communications, working with other team members to amplify the impact and awareness of their projects, events and dissemination of results.
- Delivery, adjustment and monitoring of communications strategy, in conjunction with organisational objectives.
- Social media –Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Write newsletters, for which you will need to collect material.
- Manage website interface, content and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Create and edit written and graphic content for blogs and social media.
- Media relations - reaching out to journalists, bloggers and organisations where relevant.
- Upload and manage YouTube content.
- Edit and manage publications, including the annual report and research.
- To recruit and manage interns and volunteers who are working on communications projects such as copy-editing, graphic design, videography and photography.
- To undertake other appropriate duties as required.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong, engaging and accurate writing skills
- Social media management
- Demonstrable interest and engagement in issues related to women’s rights and education and/or global development.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of dynamic team.
- Ability to multitask
- Eagerness to learn new skills and adapt to change.
- Ability to understand and communicate with diverse audiences
Desirable skills and experience
- Understanding of Drupal and/or website content management interfaces.
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Basic abilities across Adobe suite of programmes: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience of managing others
- Marketing experience
Closing Date: 1 November 2017
Interviews will be in the week beginning 7th November, with a view to the role starting the week after or as soon as possible.
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the person specification to email@example.com.
We are a small charity so we may not be able to reply to all applicants.