Date Added: 6 October 2017
: 16 October 2017
Job Title: Policy and Parliamentary Officer
Working For: The Oliver King Foundation
Location: Liverpool with regular travel to London
The Oliver King Foundation is looking to recruit a Policy & Parliamentary Officer to build on our successes in Parliament. You will play a pivotal role in the campaign towards ensuring lifesaving defibrillators are available in all UK schools.
You will need to have experience of working on campaigns that have affected change. With the knowledge of parliament, procedures - including private members bills, requesting MPs and Peers to table questions and an ability to communicate the cause to Members of Parliament of all political persuasions. You must also have the ability to work alone and as part of a small team and have excellent communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Delivering our Parliamentary Engagement Strategy
- Working closely with the Founder to promote our work
- The creation and delivery of an All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Defibrillators
- Arranging meetings with parliamentarians to promote the importance of defibrillator availability
- Management of digital communication channels including social media and the website
- Monitor press and media coverage
The successful applicant will have:
- Confident telephone manner
- Political sensitivity and understanding of current political issues
- Self-motivated including ability to work with little supervision
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to learn quickly and to adapt to changing workload
- Good working knowledge of standard office practices and computer packages such as MS Office, WordPress and social media
A member of office admin staff will support this role as and when needed.
Closing Date: 16 October 2017
We hope to interview for this role on 19th and 20th of October, however we will consider alternative dates for candidates who are unavailable on the aforementioned dates.
Deadline for submissions is 9am.
Please send your CV and covering letter (maximum 2 pages each) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the letter why you would like the job and why you believe you are qualified.
For more information regarding the role, please contact Emma Stapley on email@example.com.