Date Added: 6 October 2017
: 1 November 2017
Job Title: Senior Research Executive/Analyst
Working For: ORB International
Salary: Approx £30k - £35k
ORB International is looking for an experienced social researcher to join our team running research projects in fragile states and conflict zones. We have a successful track record delivering quantitative and qualitative research and insight to UK and US government departments as well as some leading international NGOs.
We will consider applications from both an academic and agency background, however those with a strong grounding in quantitative research methodology and management will be prioritised. Experience in the social or political sector is not essential - if you are a commercial researcher who can prove your interest in the topic or have academic qualifications in this area then we still want to hear from you.
Skills and experience required:
- Good understanding of quantitative survey methodology and practice - experience project managing international studies preferred but not essential
- Good grasp of Excel, SPSS and other data management tools
- Strong project management skills - the ability to organise and manage a variety of suppliers, clients and other stakeholders to produce timely deliverables
- Experience and desire to travel for work on a limited basis - our work often takes us to developing countries across Africa, Middle East and Latin America (usually for short trips of up to one week)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment focused on politics and social topics
- Qualitative experience desirable but not essential
- Arabic language skills desirable but not essential
Closing Date: 1 November 2017
We have no set dates for interview. Selected candidates will be invited to our London office for interview. We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate comes forward.
Please send applications including a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.