Date Added: 6 October 2017
: 3 November 2017
Job Title: Interim Change Director
Working For: University of Westminster Students' Union
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 (additional hours may be required).
Contract: Fixed for 9 months with an immediate start.
Key summary of the role
The University of Westminster Students’ Union (UWSU) promotes the interests and welfare of University of Westminster students by representing, supporting and advising them. You will be helping us to achieve this by providing leadership and direction to the University of Westminster Students’ Union in managing a process of strategic change. We are looking for an exceptional leader to help us to reach the next stage of our development.
During the fixed term of appointment, we want to build the best metropolitan university students’ union in London, engaging with our diverse pool of students. Applications are requested from change leaders across sectors; the successful applicant need not be a current senior director of a student association, but they must be brilliant!
• UWSU Turnaround Board (TAB)
• UWSU Trustee Board
• People, governance and strategic development and the development of an effective turnaround plan to further build the UWSU in consultation with the TAB.
• To design a new Strategic Plan in consultation with all relevant stakeholders including UWSU members and the university. This will take into account the key recommendations of the NUS diagnostic report dated 30th June 2017 and the deliberations of trustees in subsequent board meetings.
• Through a process of turnaround management ensuring the Students’ Union has the appropriate staff, operational and financial structures and processes in place.
• To position the Students’ Union as a credible and independent partner with the University of Westminster across all levels.
Purpose of Job
• To keep UWSU moving forward and leading change alongside the Senior Management Team.
• To ensure the effective governance and to develop the strategic direction of the organisation.
• To plan long term and deliver change in regards to UWSU strategic development and new initiatives.
For more information on this opportunity and the full job description please visit www.uwsu.com/jobs.
Closing Date: 3 November 2017
For the full application pack and where to send the application to, please visit www.uwsu.com/jobs.
Completed applications should be sent via email (with the subject line ‘Interim Change Director Application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
31 October 2017: the closing date of this advert has been extended.