Date Added: 12 October 2017
: 27 October 2017
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Gerard Killen MP (Rutherglen and Hamilton West)
Salary: £33,000 - £40,000 per annum pro rata (4 days/ 30 hours per week)
Gerard Killen MP is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Parliamentary Assistant to work 4 days per week in his Westminster office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work alongside a busy constituency team
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- An interest in Scottish politics and will be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour and Co-operative movement.
- Undertake research on a range of subjects including local, regional or national issues to support the Member's work.
- Monitor bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates, etc
- Monitor media coverage and brief Member accordingly
- Prepare briefing notes for committees, parliamentary questions, articles and press releases
- Draft parliamentary questions
- Manage the parliamentary diary
- Work closely with constituency office
- Assist with casework when required
- Undertake supervisory responsibility as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Applications close at 5pm.
Interviews will be held in Westminster on Friday 3 November.
Start date will be as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you think you are right for the job (maximum 2 pages each) to: email@example.com.