Date Added: 12 October 2017
: 27 October 2017
Job Title: 1. Senior Caseworker; 2. Full-time Caseworker; 3. Part-time Caseworker
Working For: Matt Rodda MP (Reading East)
Salary: Each post in line with IPSA pay-scales for Outer London staff and according to experience
You will be working as part of a close-knit team to help ensure the smooth running of Matt’s constituency office. You will help to manage the large volume of constituency cases that Matt receives and ensure constituents are given a first-rate service on a variety of personal and local issues.
These are permanent positions subject to satisfactory completion of a six-month probationary period.
- Deal with enquiries from the public, by phone, letter, e-mail and in person, logging enquiries on Caseworker software and taking appropriate action to resolve or escalate concerns/enquiries.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues, including complex casework, working with Government departments, external agencies and voluntary sector organisations to resolve matters.
- Respond to all enquiries in a timely, comprehensive and professional manner.
- Attend surgeries as required by Matt and support community engagement activities (occasional weekend and evening work will be required).
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a confidential and sensitive manner and make sure that records of contact are kept whilst adhering to the Data Protection Act.
- Other duties will involve drafting letters and reports and maintaining the electronic and manual filing systems and undertaking other duties within the constituency office as required.
- Previous casework experience essential.
- As one of the first points of contact in the office you must have a pleasant telephone manner with the confidence to deal effectively with constituents, outside bodies and politicians. For the Senior Caseworker position, staff management experience essential.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to empathise with constituents and relate well to people, communicating effectively, both in writing and verbally, to identify constituents’ issues, investigating them and responding appropriately.
- Good IT skills including use of the Microsoft Office suite. Experience of Caseworker software desirable (although training will be given).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be able to manage a large caseload.
- Sympathetic to the ideals of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date, in Reading.
Closing time: 5pm.
Start date: Week commencing 13 November or as soon after as possible.
A one-page of A4 covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for the specific position along with a CV of no more than two sides of A4 should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: ‘First name, surname, vacancy applied for'.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of responses, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.