Date Added: 13 October 2017
: 27 October 2017
Job Title: Volunteer Caseworker
Working For: Tom Brake MP (Carshalton and Wallington)
Location: Carshalton, Surrey
Salary: Travel and lunch expenses paid (flexible hours)
· Deal with queries from members of the public with a focus on local issues
· Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
· Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
· Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
· Draft responses to constituents
· Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and Local Government to resolve constituency matters
· Manage and monitor incoming calls and enquiries as appropriate
· Respond to enquiries by telephone and e mail, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate
The following are welcomed:
· Strong writing and IT skills
· Good organisational skills
· A good telephone manner
· A good sense of humour
The volunteer can expect a full induction and any training necessary for the volunteer role and regular support in their role.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Interviews will take place w/c 30th October.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.