Date Added: 13 October 2017
: 23 October 2017
Job Title: Asia-focused Security and Political Risk Analyst
Working For: Stirling Assynt
Salary: £28k - £40k
We are seeking to recruit an Asia-focused political and security risk analyst. The role will involve analysing security and political risk developments from a commercial and client-focused perspective.
The majority of work will focus on Asia, however, it will also cover other areas of interest to our clients including the Middle East and North Africa, Africa and Latin America. A general knowledge of security and political issues in these areas is an advantage.
***Demonstrable knowledge of geopolitical, political and security issues affecting business in Asia, gained via both education and employment is a core requirement for this role****
• To be able to write clearly, simply, imaginatively and compellingly to native-speaker standards of English.
• A good sense of what is going to matter to commercial clients.
• To be able to speak engagingly to commercially focused personnel.
• At least one year's relevant work experience, ideally including time spent working and studying in Asia.
• Strong self-discipline and attention to detail.
• Flexibility and self-confidence. The ability to get up to speed quickly on a country of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment.
• Political and security awareness. To be able to identify political and security issues and their likely consequences.
• Experience of Security Intelligence analysis in a corporate environment would be highly advantageous.
• A good degree, and ideally a relevant MA.
Closing Date: 23 October 2017
We are conducting interviews for this role now, and may make an offer to a candidate before this job ad expires.
Please send a CV and short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.