Date Added: 13 October 2017
: 16 October 2017
Job Title: Latin America-focused Security and Political Risk Analyst
Working For: Stirling Assynt
Salary: £26k - £40k
We are seeking to recruit a Latin America-focused political and security risk analyst. The role will involve analysing security and political risk developments from a commercial and client-focused perspective.
The majority of work will focus on Latin America, however, it will also cover other areas of interest to our clients including the Middle East and North Africa, and South and South-East Asia. A general knowledge of security and political issues in these areas is an advantage.
*Demonstrable knowledge of geopolitical, political and security issues affecting business in Latin America, gained via both education and employment is a core requirement for this role*
• To be able to write clearly, simply, imaginatively and compellingly to native-speaker standards of English.
• A good sense of what is going to matter to commercial clients.
• To be able to speak engagingly to commercially focused personnel.
• At least one years’ relevant work experience, ideally including time spent working and studying in Latin America.
• Strong self-discipline and attention to detail.
• Flexibility and self-confidence. The ability to get up to speed quickly on a country of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment.
• Political and security awareness. To be able to identify political and security issues and their likely consequences.
• Experience of Security Intelligence analysis in a corporate environment would be highly advantageous.
• A good degree, and ideally a relevant MA.
Closing Date: 16 October 2017
We are interviewing for this role currently, and may make an offer to a candidate before this vacancy expires.
Please submit a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com.