Date Added: 19 October 2017
: 16 November 2017
Job Title: Part-time Caseworker
Working For: Mark Spencer MP (Sherwood)
Location: Hucknall, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £19,641, pro-rated for 20-hours per week
Mark Spencer, MP for Sherwood, is looking for a part-time caseworker/admin assistant to work in his Constituency office.
Previous experience is not necessary but a track record of successful interaction with people and an enjoyment of problem-solving will be regarded favourably.
The main duties are:
• Dealing with complaints and queries from people in the Sherwood Constituency and being responsible for resolving them.
• Liaising with local councils, housing associations, charities, the Police, NHS staff and other agencies who will help with problems encountered.
• Drafting well-crafted responses to the above agencies and local residents on behalf of Mark.
• Logging all correspondence and working with a detailed database (Cross Reference).
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Maintain a filing system, associating previous papers with current correspondence, and extracting documents on request.
• Answering the telephone, take messages and deal with enquiries and requests as appropriate.
• Administrative assistance in campaigns, PR etc.
Ideal, but not essential criteria to include:
• Experience of administrative work and knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
• Understanding of the issues of relevance to the Sherwood constituency
Essential Skills and Behaviours
• Effective organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly and juggle a range of tasks
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a range of people
• Ability to maintain confidence and demonstrate sensitivity when dealing with individual constituent issues
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 November 2017
Interviews will take in place in Hucknall during November/December 2017.
Start date will be as soon as possible following interview.
Candidates are asked to send a current CV with covering letter to: email@example.com or to Under One Roof, 3a Vine Terrace, Hucknall, Nottingham, NG15 7HN.
If applying by email plese use the subject header 'Constituency caseworker application'.
Please note that we reserve the right to take this application down before the closing date if we find a suitable candidate, and that unsuccessful candidates will not necessarily be contacted.