Date Added: 19 October 2017
: 15 November 2017
Job Title: Digital Communications Officer
Working For: The Sutton Trust
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 per annum.
The Sutton Trust has a vacancy for a communications professional to take responsibility for its digital work, including the website, microsites, alumni network, social media and publications, and to help organise its events.
- Managing the Sutton Trust website and associated microsites, ensuring the main site is updated daily to remain the primary showcase for the foundation.
- Developing the main website and microsites as appropriate, ensuring they remain vibrant and responsive to the needs of their different audiences of students, teachers, policymakers, academics and media.
- Ensuring that media releases and other activities are properly highlighted on the website and through social media, and providing the Media and Communications Manager with whatever other support is required.
- Helping develop online support for Sutton Trust programmes.
- Liaising with the website host, web developer and designers. Proactively suggesting improvements that ensure the website remains up-to-date and easy to navigate.
- Co-ordinating visual content for the website and publications, including commissioning photography and video content, and having the skills to use basic editing equipment in-house.
- Maintaining and building our social media presence through Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and other networks as appropriate.
- Maintaining a clear template for all Trust publications, and producing excellent in-house reports and publications on a regular basis.
- Designing and distributing the monthly online Sutton Trust e-newsletter and working with the Alumni Manager to produce content (such as a monthly e-newsletter) for alumni communications.
- Managing the digital communications and platform maintenance of the Trust’s alumni network (Graduway), reporting to the Alumni Manager.
- Helping the Alumni Manager to develop a portfolio of case studies of alumni for use across the whole of the Trust.
- Helping to establish an alumni-specific Sutton Trust brand, and assisting with relevant marketing campaigns, merchandise and related collateral.
- Supporting the organisation of conferences, summits, seminars and policy lunches including booking venues, negotiating favourable terms, sending approved invitations, and other non-media publicity. Supporting the Alumni Manager in any event organisation for alumni.
Closing Date: 15 November 2017
Applications should reach us by noon on the closing date, with interviews soon afterwards.
Please send a one page CV and two page covering letter explaining why you think you are right for the post and highlighting relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state which role you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
It would also be greatly appreciated if you could note where you saw this job advertised.