Date Added: 19 October 2017
: 16 November 2017
Job Title: Programme Manager - Communications Infrastructure
Working For: techUK
The role is to support the creation, implementation and administration of the the Communications Infrastructure Programme and the Spectrum Policy Forum, which currently comprise:
- Communications Infrastructure Council
- Enabling the Digital Place (joint work stream with Local Government Programme)
- Future Connected Rail
- Satellite Telecommunications Committee
- Positioning, Navigation & Timing Committee
- Spectrum Policy Forum Steering Board
- Spectrum Policy Forum Plenary
- Spectrum Policy Forum Clusters 1,2 and 4.
The appointee will show capability and potential to build on a strong foundation of a solid programme, strong member engagement, and good external reputation and stakeholder relationships. He/she will need to have, or a propensity to develop quickly, a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the use of Communications Infrastructure, including the terms on which spectrum is made available.
- Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s Communications Infrastructure Programme in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential members;
- Support the inception, set-up and execution of programme events and meetings;
- Promote the programme though insights, opinions, social media and PR activities;
- Support relevant techUK working groups and maintain liaison with group members;
- Assist in maintaining all relevant parts of the techUK website
- Identify and exploit cross-fertilisation opportunities, for example on joint events, with other Programmes within techUK, chiefly Cloud/Big Data, IOT Council, and SmarterUK;
- Liaise with other techUK teams to assist in a successful programme of press coverage, events, internal and external marketing and to ensure they are kept fully informed of major policy initiatives.
- A team player who has experience of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and is comfortable working with senior individuals in Industry and within government;
- The ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences;
- Ability to identify, propose and negotiate new opportunities and services for techUK.
Closing Date: 16 November 2017
For more information and a more detailled job specification please visit: http://www.techuk.org/about/jobs-at-techuk/item/11528-programme-manager-communications-infrastructure
To apply please forward a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.