Date Added: 24 October 2017
: 25 November 2017
Job Title: Senior Public Affair and Policy Manager
Working For: Coalition for Global Prosperity
Salary: £32,000 – 37,000 (dependent on experience)
Our new office, based in Westminster, is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly organised Public Affairs/Policy Manager. As part of the UK’s fight against global poverty, our small yet dedicated team works with the policy makers, politicians and journalists to support and promote UK Aid. We organise a number of public and private events with high profile speakers throughout the year. The successful candidate will be capable of balancing a range of responsibilities in an exciting and fast-paced environment, in order to be an effective deputy for our Chief Executive.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced, capable and adaptable in order to organise a range research, policy and management skills. They will have strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to manage a large caseload and work on their own initiative. The ideal candidate will be forward thinking and able contribute to the further development of our organisation as we grow.
- Contributing to CGP’s strategy
- Planning and managing events with high-profile speakers
- Representing CGP to a range of stakeholders
- Helping to manage our media profile (including social media channels and website) to produce engaging content and commentary
- Monitoring and evaluating events, policy initiatives and media issues in the international development sector
- Undertaking research on different development topics and writing supporting briefs
- Work independently on projects as directed by the Chief Exec.
- Managing the office assistant
Desirable Qualities and Experience
- Experience of working in international development and supportive of the work done by UK Aid
- Previous experience of working in Parliament, for political party or in a public affairs role
- Demonstrable experience of research, policy formulation or events
- Independent worker, self-starter who can take responsibility for projects through to completion
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to think outside the box and add value
- Strong IT skills
Candidates who have experience working for an MP and/or NGO with international experience in a developing country are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Coalition for Global Prosperity are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Closing Date: 25 November 2017
To apply for this role, please email a CV and Covering Letter addressed to the Chief Executive Theo Clarke at: email@example.com. We will inform those candidates who are selected to progress to interview stage.