Date Added: 27 October 2017
: 30 November 2017
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Paul Masterton MP (East Renfrewshire)
Location: Constituency Office, Thornliebank, East Renfrewshire
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Paul Masterton MP is seeking a Caseworker (minimum 20hrs but otherwise flexible) to work in his East Renfrewshire constituency office.
The role will be to support Paul in handling constituents’ concerns on a wide variety of issues such as health, immigration, schools, housing and benefits. You will liaise with the relevant public bodies in order to help resolve constituents’ concerns.
The position is suitable for someone who enjoys problem solving, has excellent interpersonal skills and is highly organised. It would be ideal for someone who has held a previous advisory role, eg in the Citizens Advice Bureau or an advisor in local government.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Project Management
- Research local, regional or national issues to support Member's work
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Supervise other members of staff
The following skills/characteristics are essential:
- Organisational, case management and time management skills
- An appreciation of the importance of attention to detail and a thorough approach to completing work
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 November 2017
We will interview on a rolling basis and may fill the vacancy prior to the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining relevant experience why you believe you are suitable for this job to Paul.Masterton.MP@parliament.uk.
It may not be possible to respond to unsuccessful applications due to volume.