Date Added: 30 October 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Working For: Understanding ModernGov
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000
With dedicated staff and excellent research capabilities, we produce and offer over 250 events each year that allow our attendees the opportunity to learn about the latest policy and the opportunity to discuss pertinent topics with a panel of speakers, policy experts, and fellow delegates.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure and an interest in policy and public affairs. They will progress rapidly to assume development responsibilities that involve the creation of policy training programmes.
Main duties will include:
- Researching, developing, organising and managing of designated open courses
- Assisting with new course development and updating of content on repeat courses
- Inviting speakers and liaising with stakeholders before, during and after a course
- Developing and building positive relationships with trainers and speakers
- Providing marketing briefs to the relevant teams
- Working with trainers and speakers to obtain biographies, presentations and learning material
- Assisting with new course development and generating new ideas
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and targets. Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task, you will need to have a proven track record of producing high quality work, meeting and managing stakeholder expectations and display outstanding organisational skills.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
UMG is a training provider with a portfolio of highly informative, interactive, and insightful training programmes for public and private sector organisations. As a member of the team you will be encouraged to attend our training courses as often as possible. We invest in the successful candidate, to train and empower them in order to progress their career. We offer a positive, inviting working environment, and excellent opportunities for career development within a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly.
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Successful candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
Please e-mail CV and cover letter to Annette Purcell at firstname.lastname@example.org.