Date Added: 30 October 2017
: 30 November 2017
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Working For: Inside Government (Govnet Communications)
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience
Inside Government (iG) is a division within GovNet Communications, the UK’s leading events’ company for the Public Sector, running over 650 events per year ranging from large exhibitions and summits to conferences, forums, policy briefings and training courses. The business has over 160 staff based in offices in London, Manchester, Blackburn and Birmingham.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Campaign Management – Strategic development of targeted email marketing campaigns which are supported through social media activities, strategic partner marketing, PPC and affiliate marketing
- Data Segmentation – Identify target markets and create a ‘data universe’ for each event through segmenting data based on job titles and organisations relating to interest areas and event topics.
- Copy Writing - Using excellent copy writing skills to communicate each event’s USPs with relevant calls to action to drive delegate acquisition and sponsorship sales leads.
- Collaborate - With influencers/associations/speaker organisations to form partnerships through ‘contra’ arrangements that improve product placement and event/brand credibility.
- Website management: Using the CMS (Wordpress), create new landing pages that effectively lead a customer through to take action, making updates and amends throughout the campaign.
- Industry monitoring: Monitor and communicate the latest industry news and reports to deliver marketing campaigns and audience insights to be used in future campaigns.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2:1 BA degree educated or above, ideally in, but not limited to Marketing and English related degree courses
• Sound understanding of marketing principles
• Knowledge of digital marketing channels and skills such as SEM, social media and email marketing
• Excellent copywriter with impeccable spelling, punctuation and grammar skills
• Must be flexible to adjust in a fast changing environment
• Great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
• A competitive nature and ability to succeed in a targeted environment
• 6 months' to 1 year's marketing experience
• An interest in the workings and departments of the UK public sector
• Use of Marketing Automation software
• Experience in email/digital marketing , preferably in B2B events marketing
Closing Date: 30 November 2017
Interviews will take place ASAP. We are looking for an immediate start where possible.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you think you are suitable for the role.