Date Added: 30 October 2017
: 20 November 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: Melanie Onn MP (Great Grimsby)
Salary: London living wage - £10.20 per hour
3-5 days a week (depending on availability). 6 month fixed-term contract.
Melanie Onn, Member of Parliament for Great Grimsby and Shadow Housing Minister, is looking to employ an intern for her parliamentary office. The role will be full-time or part-time depending on the applicant’s availability.
- Diary management;
- Research projects;
- Supporting Melanie in her roles as a Shadow Minister, constituency MP, and her work with APPGs.
Desirable skills include:
- Well organised, have the ability to work to tight deadlines, manage competing priorities and have an eye for detail;
- A quick learner;
- Good communication and people skills and confident when interacting with people;
- Ability to get along with different types of people;
- Competent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office;
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and politically aware.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 November 2017
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for interview in Westminster the week commencing 27 November.
The start date will be as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and a covering letter indicating why you want the position and how you meet the experience and skills detailed in job description and person specification to Melanie Onn at firstname.lastname@example.org.