Date Added: 31 October 2017
: 15 November 2017
Job Title: Senior Economist
Working For: Bright Blue
Bright Blue is an independent think tank for liberal conservatism. We are looking for a Senior Economist to join this ambitious, fast-growing organisation.
Our Senior Economist will have the following responsibilities:
- Conducting original economic analysis using a variety of sources.
- Designing and analysing various research methodologies, including data analysis, polling and depth interviews.
- Authoring research reports.
- Generating imaginative and credible policy ideas.
- Providing detailed and rapid economic analysis of government announcements.
- Formulating and expressing Bright Blue’s analysis and solutions in key policy areas.
- Shaping the next phase of Bright Blue’s research by devising new research ideas and proposals.
- Organising, attending and chairing a variety of Bright Blue events, including roundtable discussions, conferences and keynote speeches with high-profile decision-makers and opinion formers.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders such as civil servants, special advisers, academics, journalists and politicians.
- Building a network of influential opinion formers and decision makers to contribute to all our work.
- Representing Bright Blue in the media on a regular basis.
- Writing regular opinion articles and blogs on key policy areas.
- Managing research projects and our researchers and associate fellows.
- Working closely with the director to set the priorities, themes and vision of the organisation.
- A track record working as an economist and experience of carrying out economic research.
- Experience and confidence in undertaking quantitative analysis, including handling large datasets using statistical software such as Stata.
- An impressive academic record, including a minimum of an undergraduate economics degree (2:1 or above).
- Experience of public policy research, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong understanding of centre-right politics and public policy.
- Excellent writing ability, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
- A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small business and who can work independently.
Closing Date: 15 November 2017
We may appoint before the closing date.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Ryan Shorthouse, Director of Bright Blue, at firstname.lastname@example.org.