Date Added: 31 October 2017
: 1 December 2017
Job Title: Campaign Manager
Working For: Richard Harrington MP (Watford) & Watford Conservatives
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 based on experience
Richard Harrington MP and Watford Conservatives are seeking a dynamic and experienced campaign manager to plan and manage constituency campaigning in Watford. The candidate should have experience of at least two years of work and further experience of running campaigns or projects in a political or third sector role.
Key skills required
- Facility to organise a volunteer based campaign organisation
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise
- A proven track record of written communication to the public
- A solid aptitude on Social Media – Facebook and Twitter
- An ability to ‘spot’ a story and publicise it in the local press
- ‘Human politics’ skills – getting along with a wide variety of groups and characters
- Experience of working with Adobe Imaging Suite (InDesign etc)
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning a comprehensive programme of political campaigning
- Coordinating of Mayoral and local elections for 2018
- Voter contact operations
- Volunteer recruitment
- Managing volunteer door-to-door canvassing
- Managing postal vote recruitment and Get Out The Vote campaigns
- Motivating people to vote and volunteer
- Organising political meetings and events
- Executing Election Day operations
Additional campaign manager training will be available through CCHQ.
Closing Date: 1 December 2017
Interviews will take place as suitable candidates apply and an appointment may be made prior to closing date.
The successful applicant should expect to start in December.
Please send your CV and a one page covering letter to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Campaign Manager Application’.
For more information please ring 01923 218804.