Date Added: 1 November 2017
: 20 November 2017
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Tracy Brabin MP (Batley and Spen)
Location: Batley & Spen
Salary: Starting at £23,000 in line with IPSA pay scales
Tracy Brabin MP is looking for an enthusiastic Communications Officer to join her team in the constituency office in Batley & Spen. The successful candidate will be required to work on their own initiative to support the MP in her work. Knowledge of the constituency would be desirable but not essential.
The job will require occasional travel to Westminster.
37.5 hours per week. Evening and weekend work will be required on occasions.
- Work on own initiative preparing press releases, media strategy and developing relationships with journalists and local people
- Manage the MP’s website content
- Update the twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts for the MP
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Research local, regional and national issues to support the MP’s work
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret news and data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Provide briefings for the MP
- Advise and guide the member on policy issues
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Sound judgement and a good understanding of what it means to work in a political environment and good understanding of UK Parliamentary procedure
- Proven track record of developing and delivering communications strategies
- Able to take responsibility for tasks and act on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to work under pressure and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication
- Able to research issues and analyse data
- Proactive problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of the team
- Able to work with diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- Driving Licence and use of a car (essential)
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 November 2017
Interviews will take place w/c 27th November 2017.
Please send CV and covering letter setting out your experience to email@example.com or call 01924 900036 for more information.