Date Added: 1 November 2017
: 15 November 2017
Job Title: Government Relations Executive
Working For: The Careers and Enterprise Company
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
1. To lead intelligence gathering on political insight and key policy developments that affect our work. You will lead the daily horizon scanning of the news cycle and political monitoring and disseminate timely updates on relevant policy to our team and colleagues.
2. To manage our government engagement programme with our parliamentary, governmental, policy and business stakeholders.
3. To work with Government Relations colleagues on engagement activities for key stakeholders with opportunities to attend meetings and develop engagement and influencing skills.
4. To support Company public policy consultation responses, including the management of online survey tools and organising focus groups and case studies where appropriate.
5. To ensure the new contact management system is kept up to date, assisting colleagues to transfer appropriate information onto the new database that will help us with our engagement strategy. This will involve also using the database as a key tool for the effective targeting of stakeholders and measuring engagement, producing appropriate updates and reports as necessary.
Qualifications/Experience and Skills
- Experience of working in Parliament would be highly desirable.
- Recent experience in a government relations or politics environment, again is highly desirable.
- A keen interest in the above areas gained from study or equivalent would be desirable.
- Exemplary written copy for a wide range of audiences and channels (examples will be required at interview and this will be tested).
- Ability to build rapport and constructive relationships across different audiences.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills.
- Diplomacy, tact and understanding of others’ priorities to achieve common goals
- Ability to work at pace.
Closing Date: 15 November 2017
Interviews in week commencing 27th November 2017.
Start Date as soon as possible.
Complete an application form on our website: http://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/who-we-are/work-for-us.