Date Added: 1 November 2017
: 15 November 2017
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Wes Streeting MP (Ilford North)
An opportunity has arisen for a senior caseworker in Wes Streeting's busy constituency office. An active constituency MP, Wes receives a high level of correspondence from constituents seeking help with a variety of problems or lobbying Wes on issues they care about. We're looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for helping others to join our friendly hard working team. Based in the constituency, you will report to the office manager and supervise our casework team.
• Providing advice and support to constituents through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others
• Managing and progressing the office casework load
• Managing the constituency diary ensuring that the MP is briefed appropriately
• Dealing with enquiries from members of the public and other organisations and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, delegate or escalate
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation
• Analysing patterns of cases and reporting to Office Manager and MP
• Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner
• Supervising other members of staff
• Previous experience of handling casework, either in an MP’s office or other relevant environment e.g. Citizens Advice Bureau, local authority etc
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Pays attention to detail and ensures team's work is of a high standard
• A high standard of written English
• Prioritises work effectively and with minimal direction
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills
• Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information
• Competent use of standard office IT packages. Experience of using Caseworker.mp is desirable.
• Understanding and sympathy with the aims and goals of the Labour Party
• A commitment to helping people and getting the best result possible for residents
This position is one of the most important in Wes’s office as it involves managing day-to-day contact with his constituents. The post is based in his constituency office, with most of Wes’s team. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. If you’re more interested in the workings of the parliamentary office, then this post isn’t for you.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 November 2017
The interview dates will be confirmed if you are short listed. Ideally candidates would be able to start as soon as possible, although we can be flexible.
To apply, please write a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4, setting out why you'd like the post and how your experience matches the job description and person specification. Please also enclose a CV of no more than two sides.
Applications should be sent to Matt Goddin, Office Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org.