Date Added: 2 November 2017
: 17 November 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Kirstene Hair MP (Angus)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Kirstene Hair MP is looking for a caseworker to join her constituency team.
The successful candidate will:
• be organised, reliable and motivated
• be a team player with a good sense of humour
• be able to write clearly and concisely
• have good IT skills
• have a good telephone manner
• be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.
The job entails:
• Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters.
• Providing information, advice and support for individuals on a range of financial, health, housing and other issues.
• Liaising with the appropriate Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters for constituents.
• Drafting correspondence.
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
• Attending surgeries and meetings as appropriate.
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Assist with social media presence in the constituency and to publicise surgeries etc.
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 November 2017
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on the closing date with interviews to be held during the week commencing Monday 4th December 2017.
The successful candidate would start on 15th January 2018.
To apply for this position you should email a CV, no longer than two sides of A4 with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Caseworker Application".
Should you wish to make an informal enquiry regarding this position please call Nicholas Layden on 01241 435 235.