Date Added: 2 November 2017
: 17 November 2017
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager
Working For: Kirstene Hair MP
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Kirstene Hair MP is looking for a full time Constituency Support Manager to join her team in Angus.
The successful candidate will:
• be organised, reliable and motivated.
• be a team player with a good sense of humour.
• be able to write clearly and concisely to tight deadlines.
• have good IT skills.
• have experience of working in a political office.
• be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.
Key duties for the successful applicant will include working across a broad range of areas, such as:
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends.
• Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate.
• Develop knowledge in specialist areas.
• Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases.
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters).
• Project Management.
• Provide briefings for the Member.
• Research local, regional or national issues to support the Member’s work.
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups.
• Supervise other members of staff as required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 November 2017
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on the closing date with interviews to be held during the week commencing Monday 4th December 2017.
The successful candidate would start on 15th January 2018.
To apply for this position you should email a CV, no longer than two sides of A4 with a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Constituency Support Manager Application".
Should you wish to make an informal enquiry regarding this position please call Nicholas Layden on 01241 435 235.
All applications will be acknowledged.