Date Added: 3 November 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Conference Producer
Working For: Whitehall Media Ltd
Salary: £18k+ DOE
Founded in 2006, Whitehall Media has a ten year track record of delivering high quality, content-focused conference programmes that address high level strategic issues within the enterprise technology space. Running over fifteen events every year that attract up to 7,000 senior executives, our conference agendas are focused on imparting practical and technical expert opinion through visionary keynotes, interactive seminars and lively one-to-ones.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a conference producer to research, write and manage a number of our conferences from inception to delivery. You will be responsible for delivering an engaging conference agenda, attracting and recruiting high level speakers, and ensuring events offer compelling content to senior decision-makers. The role will involve working closely with the delegates and sales team to improve existing agendas and to identify further opportunities and areas of growth.
Reporting to the head of programmes, the post holder will be required to develop a strong commercial awareness and in-depth understanding of different technology areas. They will be a positive and proactive individual who will be adaptive to the changing needs of the market and our clients. You will be expected to:
- Research and write conference programmes
- Conduct in-depth quality research on topic areas, industry speakers, and for publication purposes where required
- Recruit speakers for event programmes
- Update programme content, ensuring you keep abreast of market changes
- Provide guidance to speakers for presentation development
- Manage all speakers (pre, during and post event)
- Work with sponsorship and delegate acquisition teams to address client needs
- Attend and oversee conferences in the UK and overseas, manage and assist speakers, and contribute to the running of the conference agenda
What we are looking for
- A strong work ethic and commitment to achieving results
- An interest and willingness to learn about the technology sector
- Excellent communicator with strong research/writing/research abilities
- Good organisation/planning skills
- The ability to be self-starting and work with little supervision
- A collaborative approach, sound editorial judgement
- An ability to acquire and assimilate new knowledge quickly
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Interviews in Dec-Jan.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Please email a Covering Letter and CV to email@example.com.