Date Added: 3 November 2017
: 17 November 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Stephanie Peacock MP (Barnsley East)
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Salary: £21,000 (£12,600 pro rata for 22.5 hours per week)
Stephanie Peacock, MP for Barnsley East is looking for a part-time caseworker to work in her Barnsley constituency office.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with excellent administrative and IT skills who works well in a small team, has a positive attitude and would like to gain experience in a Member’s office.
The Caseworker will provide advice and support to the MP’s constituents on a range of issues, such as financial, housing, welfare, immigration and health, and help to resolve problems through liaison with government agencies and third parties.
The key responsibilities are:
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with standard casework queries and correspondence from constituents
• Drafting responses to constituents, government ministers, public bodies and stakeholders on behalf of the Member
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentiality and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Excellent IT skills including MS Office Applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook) and Internet.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, with a positive and flexible approach.
• Ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard.
Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
• Good office administration skills
This job is part-time 22.5 hours per week but applications to carry out the job on less hours will be considered.
Occasional evening work required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 November 2017
Interviews will take place on 23/24 November 2017. Interviews will be held in the constituency.
Start date will be as soon as possible following interview.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills and responsibilities, to:
If you have not received a response by 23 November 2017 please assume your application has not been successful.