Date Added: 6 November 2017
: 17 November 2017
Job Title: Part-time Caseworker
Working For: Kelly Tolhurst MP (Rochester & Strood)
Location: Rochester, Kent
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (2 days a week)
Kelly Tolhurst is looking to recruit a part-time (2 days a week) Caseworker worker to work with her constituency caseworker in the Constituency Office at Rochester.
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated and be able to work as part of a small team. Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential as is the ability to multi-task and manage a large workload.
Responsibilities will include:
- Logging and progressing casework received, including surgery cases.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases and drafting responses to constituents.
- Analyse and monitor patterns of issues highlighted through casework and produce reports.
- General Administration, photocopying, scanning etc
- Maintain records and information confidentially and in line with data protection act.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Excellent writing and IT skills (Microsoft packages)
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to take the initiative and work proactively
- A good understanding of the Rochester & Strood constituency.
- Ability to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
Previous experience would be an advantage, also experience of CrossReference casework management system. Occasionally weekend or evening work will be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 November 2017
We may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants should send their CVs with a covering letter outlining your experience and including your current and expected salary to Kelly.email@example.com.