Date Added: 6 November 2017
: 20 November 2017
Job Title: Interim Co-ordinator
Working For: English Labour Network
Salary: Dependent on experience (1 day per week)
The English Labour Network was successfully launched this summer to be a voice for Labour in England and for England in Labour. Hundreds of activists have joined from across the Labour movement, including 32 MPs and 22 council leaders.
We want to help Labour win in every part of England to deliver the key seats Labour needs to form the next government, while also ensuring England is represented within Labour.
Many current political challenges are centred on England. English voters are taking the UK out of the EU, English identifiers are less likely to vote Labour, and England remains the most centralised country in Europe. Labour needs a distinctive focus on England.
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate to fill the exciting, fast-paced role of Interim Co-ordinator for 1 day per week from January – May 2018, leading on areas such as:
- Devising and delivering campaign strategies to promote our core activities, such as our campaign for an English Manifesto.
- Leading development of our visual brand, including working with designers to produce marketing materials such as our forthcoming campaigning guide.
- Posting daily content on our social media channels, and updating our website regularly.
- Meeting and corresponding with a range of different stakeholders, including funders, supporters, MPs, and other senior figures from across the Labour movement.
- Managing the organisation’s finances and operations, including liaising with suppliers, attending to invoices, and maintaining the organisations digital infrastructure.
- Sending regular updates to our supporters using Mailchimp.
- Managing and promoting our events, and attending events across the country to promote our work.
- Writing and editing articles for the website and other outlets.
In addition to demonstrating the abilities to take on the tasks listed above, the ideal candidate will also:
- Have particular expertise in managing social media channels, website CMS, and Mailchimp, and be competent using Microsoft Excel.
- Be a Labour member with an interest in the politics of England and Englishness.
- Be a good communicator, both through written English and verbally, with a strong understanding of politics, the Labour Party and the media.
- Be competent in managing finances.
Closing Date: 20 November 2017
The deadline for applications is 9am.
Interviews will be held in late November with a start date in the first week of January.
Please submit your CV and covering letter – or direct any questions – to Joe Jervis on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will notify you within one week of the deadline if we are keen to take your application further. We apologise that we may not be able to respond to unsuccessful applications.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and value applications from all parts of the community. We will select candidates against the criteria outlined above. There will be an opportunity to let us know if you need any special arrangements at interview stage.