Date Added: 6 November 2017
: 25 November 2017
Job Title: Community Relations Executive
Working For: One Young World
Salary: £18,000 PA
One Young World (OYW) is a UK-based charity that gathers together the brightest young leaders from around the world, empowering them to make lasting connections to create positive change. We stage an annual Summit where the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, and universities are joined by world leaders. At the Summit delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces. After each Summit, the delegates, who are then known as Ambassadors, work on their own initiatives or lend the power of the OYW network to existing initiatives.
The Community Team is the bridge between OYW’s HQ and the community of more than 9,000 OYW Ambassadors in over 190 countries. The Community Relations Executive is responsible for maintaining strong relationships with this community, gathering information on their activities, promoting their impact and making connections. This role will bring daily contact with some of the world’s most inspiring and impactful innovators, activists and change makers.
Key duties include:
- Providing a key point of contact for the OYW community
- Researching and documenting the global impact of OYW
- Assisting with the administration of OYW scholarships
- Answering queries and providing information about OYW to young people internationally
- Running and promoting competitions and opportunities for the OYW community
- Commission and edit blogs to be published
- Act as day-to-day liaison with partners and potential partners providing clear, compelling communications on our principle issues
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree (2:1 or higher) and a strong academic record
- An active interest in current affairs
- Good knowledge of international geopolitical issues
- Previous experience in social media beyond personal use
- Excellent communications skills with previous experience in copy-writing or journalism
- Experience of complex admin tasks and be highly efficient and organised
- Be a team player who takes the initiative and be able to cope well with deadlines and high pressure environment
Desirable skills include:
- Written fluency in languages other than English, French, Italian
- Experience in web-based content management and basic coding knowledge
- Graphic design experience and knowledge of programs such as InDesign/Photoshop
Closing Date: 25 November 2017
Candidates will be invited to interview on a rolling basis so early applications are advised.
Please email a cover letter with your CV to Matthew Belshaw: email@example.com.