Date Added: 6 November 2017
: 20 November 2017
Job Title: Account Manager, Planning and Infrastructure
Working For: Grayling
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Grayling is looking to recruit a new Account Manager to work within our planning and infrastructure division on a number of flagship client accounts, including for some of the country’s most recognisable organisations (a full list of our clients can be found on the APPC register). Grayling has a prestigious public affairs and planning practice and was named Consultancy of the Year at the Public Affairs Awards 2016.
The successful candidate will be working with our Head of Planning and Infrastructure to lead on client work, ensuring the delivery of outstanding strategic advice and project delivery. Experience and enthusiasm for the planning and community relations sector, or an interest in local government or planning/development issues is therefore essential.
The role will require an understanding of planning processes and procedure, excellent political knowledge and judgement, an eye for detail, excellent written English, good judgement and a proactive mind set. This will be an active client-facing role, so the successful candidate must also have a proven track record of advising senior executives, politicians or decision-makers in previous roles.
Daily tasks will include:
• Engaging with political and business stakeholders;
• Working in conversation with clients, setting strategic objectives and devising plans to achieve desirables;
• Communicating with local communities around complex development plans;
• Organising consultation events;
• Engaging with local and national government.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have extensive political knowledge, on both the national and local level;
• Be knowledgeable around the planning system (LPA and DCO);
• Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
• Have experience of working with senior level clients;
• Possess good commercial awareness, and an understanding of developing new business;
• Have experience of infrastructure projects;
• Have excellent presentation skills and confidence pitching new business.
Closing Date: 20 November 2017
We may conduct interviews and appoint before the closing date for the right candidate, so we would encourage early applications.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com, including details of your existing notice period.