Date Added: 7 November 2017
: 24 November 2017
Job Title: Head of Government Affairs
Working For: The Investment Association
• Develop and implement the IA UK’s government affairs strategy, both in Whitehall and devolved administrations such as Holyrood, ensuring the value of the asset management industry is understood by key regulators, decision makers and political parties
• Take a leading role in helping to shape the asset management industry’s narrative and messaging for use with key stakeholders, with particular focus on London and Scotland, that creatively and compellingly tells the story of the value of the asset management for policy-makers
• Identify key policy issues that represent threats and opportunities for the IA and its members (legislative proposals, third party campaigns etc) and put in place strategies to ensure that the industry’s reputation and license to operate is protected and enhanced
• Overseeing intelligence gathering amongst stakeholders including key government departments, Parliament, think-tanks, the Bank of England, and the FCA/PRA, that impact on asset management and financial services and to keep IA colleagues and members fully informed of new policy developments and initiatives
• Lead the IA’s annual party political conference programme; develop a compelling policy offer that showcases the IA’s expertise and that will resonate with key political targets; and develop a programme of events at the mainstream parties’ autumn conferences to showcase the IA’s policy offer
• Oversee the preparation of briefing papers to update members and stakeholders on a range of political and regulatory issues principally related to UK developments that affect or emanate from the asset management industry
• Oversee the development of internal briefing materials (eg background information, biographies, online research of documents and papers in relation to UK institutions, consumer groups, pressure groups and others) in advance of meetings held by the IA CEO or senior EXCO colleagues with key decision-makers
• Lead and coordinate a senior member committee made up of industry government affairs professionals to oversee, plan an react to major domestic political developments that will impact the industry
For more information on this role visit: http://www.publicaffairsnetworking.com/vacancy/head-of-government-affairs-534-17-pubaffairs.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Interviews will be conducted shortly after the closing date.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.