Date Added: 7 November 2017
: 20 November 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Michael Ellis MP (Northampton North)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Michael Ellis MP has a vacancy for a full-time caseworker in his busy Westminster office. The successful applicant will help provide advice and support to Michael’s constituents through liaison with local authorities, government agencies and other organisations. The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing members of the public with information, advice and support over the telephone and in writing.
• Taking initial action to prioritise incoming cases and escalate urgent or complex cases with the Member.
• Drafting correspondence to government agencies, local authorities and other organisations to help resolve constituency matters.
• Independently managing the caseload and progress of casework.
• Ensuring that accurate records are kept and updated with deadlines for future actions.
• Maintaining absolute discretion and adhering to the Data Protection Act principles at all times.
• Attending regular Constituency Surgeries, Advice Centres and other events in Northampton.
• Carrying out any other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the Member’s office.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to assess and analyse large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Motivation to provide high quality service to constituents.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Word and Outlook).
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 November 2017
Applications close at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday 20th November.
Please send a CV and covering letter. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.