Date Added: 7 November 2017
: 30 November 2017
Job Title: Associate Consultant - Business Development, Advocacy, Communications
Working For: Global Office Consulting
Salary: £1,500 per calendar month
We are looking for someone passionate and committed to join our small team of consultants as we grow our organisation and deliver excellence for clients. You will support account managers and clients in the areas of business development, advocacy and communications.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, a solid grasp of communications via various digital media channels, work experience in a relevant sector, and an academic/professional understanding of international development issues. A knowledge of indesign and website management is a plus.
We are looking for someone who uses initiative, is proactive, competent and can work fast and to a high standard. We want someone who is looking to grow their experience in the development sector or already has a great deal of experience and looking for flexible working.
You will be given a lot of freedom and autonomy to explore ideas and develop the role according to your skill set. The role is flexible and allows you to work from home two days a week and from an office two days a week.
The candidate will have at least two years' experience and will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Support Directors with day to day client management and service delivery
- Business Development tasks – proposal writing, budget writing
- Business administration tasks - office management, scheduling
- Monitor and report on international policy and advocacy efforts
- Develop reports and communications content to deliver key messages, eg complex research information and policy recommendations
- Desk based research
- Excellent communication skills, written, visual and verbal
- Ability to deliver complex projects involving multiple partners to deadline
- Able to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Able to cope with changing priorities, often at short notice, and work well under pressure
- High levels of motivation, professionalism and resilience
- Skilled in anticipating and solving problems and communicating issues
- An exposure to and interest in international developmental issues
Closing Date: 30 November 2017
First round telephone interviews will take place week of 4th December 2017. If you are successful at this stage, you will have an in-person interview. Successful interviewees will have a final meeting with a Director before appointment.
Start Date: January 2018.
Please email a CV and one-page covering letter outlining what it is about this role that appeals to you to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we cannot acknowledge all applicants if they are unsuccessful in progressing to the interview stage.