Date Added: 7 November 2017
: 30 November 2017
Job Title: Economics and Tech Research Fellow
Working For: Policy Exchange
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Policy Exchange is the UK’s most influential think-tank. As Research Fellow for Economics and Tech, you have the opportunity to shape and influence UK policy through our high-quality research. We are looking for an individual with an outstanding academic background and a strong knowledge of public policy.
The successful candidate will produce research to shape industrial strategy and drive reform to the UK economy. Day-to-day, this process will require you to work with a diverse mix of politicians, policymakers, NGOs and academics to produce first class, high-impact research; produce ideas for new projects; secure funding for our work; write publications and articles; raise the media profile of our work and organize events and seminars.
To be a strong candidate, you would have:
- A strong interest in and understanding of economic policy and the tech sector
- A good degree in economics, ideally complemented by a post-graduate qualification in economics or a related discipline
- A predisposition towards market-oriented and localist policies
- At least 2 years' experience, preferably in a policy-making or policy analysis environment, and ideally with some experience of think tanks
- Excellent writing skills (not only in lengthy reports but also for a wider audience, e.g. newspapers, magazines. blogs)
- Previous experience of either fundraising or grant making would be useful, although is not a prerequisite.
This would be an opportunity for the right individual to have a significant, concrete impact on policy working for the acknowledged market leader in the field.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
Closing Date: 30 November 2017
Applications will be viewed as they come in and successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CV and covering letter should be sent to email@example.com.