Date Added: 8 November 2017
: 15 December 2017
Job Title: Conference Producer – Research and Programme Manager
Working For: Arena International
Salary: £21,000 plus profit share - up to £32k OTE
Arena International, part of GlobalData, runs over 80 international market leading conferences every year for industry, government, regulatory bodies and the wider public sector. Our growing international portfolio spans across 4 key verticals - consumer goods, finance, pharma and the digital industries and we’re looking for an ambitious graduate to join our expanding team.
You will be based in Central London and be responsible for producing and managing some of these events from conception right up to programme management on the day and you can expect to travel regularly for each conference. This process is made up of various stages and requires a broad skill set to push your projects to be the best in the market.
We are dedicated to the development of our team and each Content Producer will undergo weekly skills training and will have a Production Manager assigned to them.
Typically you will spend 5 weeks project managing a conference, and then up to a further 22 weeks managing its commercial campaign. The typical cycle of responsibilities includes:
• Desk and phone based research with your target industry
• Journalistic skills – we have a core focus on research interviews with sector leaders
• Copywriting creativity – you will write the programme and marketing material for all your projects
• Inviting and confirming senior leaders to present at the conferences
• Supporting your sales and marketing teams
• Travelling internationally to the conference and programme management on the day
We are looking for a degree-educated candidate who demonstrates a keen interest in project management. The candidate should be enthusiastic about research, have excellent writing skills and the confidence to engage different markets over the phone.
• Diligent, well organised and able to manage time
• Research experience through phone, internet and other sources
• Analytical skills - you will need to be able to turn interview transcripts into a compelling conference agenda
• Confident, good phone manner, strong skills of persuasion and negotiation
• Articulate and creative copy writing
• Interpersonal skills to effectively brief and support project teams
• Calm and effective problem-solving
Closing Date: 15 December 2017
Interviews will begin in our Central London Head Office from the 13/11. This will be a staged process - a telephone interview, first interview with our senior team and final interview with our GM.
The starting date is negotiable and the position may be filled before the closing date.
Please send CV and detailed covering letter to Hannah Toms, Portfolio Director Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org.