Date Added: 8 November 2017
: 15 November 2017
Job Title: Internship
Working For: RPP Group
Salary: Negotiated upon taking up position
RPP Group is currently looking for an intern in London to support the team working on public health and policy at UK level. We are a consultancy focused on policy creation, development and communication with the goal of delivering new conceptual services in the area of public policy.
The internship will involve the monitoring and reporting of developments in UK policies and stakeholders to Senior RPP staff, with activities including:
• Covering and reporting on political developments in the UK and the Devolved Regions;
• Detailed monitoring of developments on public health and policy at UK and Devolved Government level, including public health stakeholders and policy makers;
• Reporting on meetings and events in the UK Parliament that you will attend;
• Tracking of Parliamentary Questions, Parliamentary Motions and other relevant dossiers;
• Servicing and supporting consultants regularly with specifically processed information, and also supporting them with ad-hoc requests and advice.
The candidate should fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
• An interest in health, nutrition and/or social affairs topics (to be elaborated in your application);
• An academic degree (or comparable) in preferably political sciences, law, UK politics or communications;
• A background (e.g. internship) in a UK Parliamentary institution;
• A background in the British government or experience with its institutions.
• Relevant experience leading into;
o Proven knowledge of the working of the UK Parliament and/or Parliamentary institutions;
o Understanding of the healthcare environment through experience in healthcare settings, healthcare policy or the healthcare industry.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
• Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise research papers;
• A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several requests in an effective and timely fashion;
• Experience in digital and social media and their application in progressive government relations programmes would be a considerable advantage;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
It is envisaged that the internship will last six months at first, depending on the candidate’s performance.
Closing Date: 15 November 2017
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 22nd November, 2017. There may be an appointment before.
Please send a copy of your CV with a Cover Letter addressed to Mark Walker at email@example.com.
Generic applications will not be processed. Inquiries can be made by phone on 0203 178 4700.