Date Added: 8 November 2017
: 21 December 2017
Job Title: Head of Defence
Working For: techUK
Salary: £43k - £50k
Defence is an established and successful programme and we are looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to lead this important work and the team that delivers it. You will be the focal point for all techUK’s work in the defence environment, working with senior industry leaders to set the agenda and execute a comprehensive suite of actions to deliver against clear and deliverable strategic objectives.
The role will require you to deliver against a range of financial and performance targets (including membership growth and retention), income manage and develop a team of talented professionals and provide guidance on all defence matters to the techUK senior management team.
Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s Defence Programme in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential members:
- Support the inception, set-up and execution of programme events and meetings;
- Promote the programme though insights, opinions, social media and PR activities;
- Lead, inspire and manage direct reports. Allocate work-loads and responsibilities to ensure the most effective use of resources and support the personal and professional development of direct reports;
- Draft reports, papers, articles and meeting notes as requested;
- Support relevant techUK working groups and maintain liaison with group members;
- Assist in maintaining all relevant parts of the techUK website to a high standard;
- Identify and exploit cross-fertilisation opportunities with other programmes within techUK;
- Liaise with other techUK teams to assist in a successful programme of press coverage, events, internal and external marketing and to ensure they are kept fully informed of major policy initiatives.
- A self-motivated individual with positive can-do approach who is comfortable working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with competing demands, and responding to tight deadlines.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Leadership and People Management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences.
- Ability to identify, propose and negotiate new opportunities and services for techUK.
Closing Date: 21 December 2017
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.