Date Added: 8 November 2017
: 24 November 2017
Job Title: Account Executive
Working For: Tristan Fitzgerald Associates
Salary: Competitive (part-time)
TFA is a public affairs and communications consultancy with 25 years’ experience in providing strategic advice and counsel to clients. Our consultants are drawn from political parties, local government, Westminster, Brussels, and Whitehall. With a network of offices in: Bristol, Leeds, London and Reading we provide genuine national, sectoral, and regional reach.
TFA is looking for a part-time Account Executive to support our growing public affairs team. Based in our London office, the right candidate will have some experience of working within a public affairs consultancy, or in a Parliamentary researcher role.
This is an ideal entry-level position for a graduate who is interested in a career in public affairs, and the position offers opportunity for responsibility at a fast-growing firm.
Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organised and motivated, work well under pressure, and use their own initiative. A keen interest in the Parliamentary process and ability to analyse complex policy issues are also key requirements.
- Demonstrate a passion for politics.
- A strong understanding of UK government and the Parliamentary process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound analytical skills and ability to quickly summarise and communicate complex policy and Parliamentary issues.
- A self-starter who is highly organised and can work well under pressure.
- Client-centric attitude that values accessibility, responsiveness, and quality.
- Intellectually curious.
The role will involve helping to deliver client activity programmes, in addition to supporting marketing and new business activities:
- Monitoring political activity.
- Implementing public affairs and communications programmes for clients.
- Conducting detailed policy research and analysis.
- Drafting briefings, reports, and thought leadership papers.
- Organising meetings and events, including: parliamentary dinners and All Party Parliamentary Group meetings.
- Building a network of political and business contacts.
- Providing administrative support across client teams.
- Working with the Director, Public Policy, and MD.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
We will interview strong candidates early, and may appoint before the deadline, so you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
If you would like to apply, please send us a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, and set out why you believe you are a good choice for this role.