Date Added: 8 November 2017
: 30 November 2017
Job Title: Director
Working For: Liberal Democrat Christian Forum
Salary: £24,000-£26,000 pro rata (4 days a week, could be extended to full time)
The Liberal Democrat Christian Forum exists to be a voice of Christians within the party and a voice of liberal democracy among Christians. We are recruiting a new Director to drive forward the work of the Forum.
This exciting and varied role includes opportunities to develop our strategy, communications, campaigning, membership development and event organising, as well as managing the office. The Director will be interacting at all levels with Liberal Democrat politicians and staff, LDCF members, other Christian and political organisations, and members of the public, and will be based at the party's HQ at Westminster.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Representing LDCF among Christian political organisations and in the Christian media;
• Developing strong communication channels with members;
• Organising events including the Annual Gladstone Lecture, fringe events at Party Conferences and prayer meetings in Parliament;
• Seeking opportunities to facilitate LDCF members in shaping policy;
• Representing LDCF at Spring and Autumn Party Conferences;
• Ensuring the website is used effectively and regularly updated;
• Producing resources including our annual magazine;
• Working to increase the membership of LDCF;
• Line managing additional office support;
• Day to day office management and administration;
• Basic financial management and bookkeeping.
Essential characteristics/skills we are looking for:
• A desire for Christians to engage with politics and a good understanding of Christian organisations, networks and Churches in the UK;
• Sympathetic to the Liberal Democrat Party and the aims of LDCF (you must not be a member of another political party);
• Self-starter, able to prioritise tasks and work under own initiative;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an ability to tailor messages to different audiences;
• Strong organisational and project management skills;
• Strategic thinker;
• Able to work well in a team and build positive relationships with partner organisations;
• Public speaking skills and willingness to engage with the media;
• IT and social media literate.
There is potential for the post to be extended to 5 days per week in collaboration with another Lib Dem organisation. Please contact us for further details.
Closing Date: 30 November 2017
Interview date: 13th December 2017
Start date: early 2018
To apply, please send us your C.V. and a covering letter (of not more than one side of A4) outlining why you would like this post and how you fit the above criteria, to email@example.com.
For an informal chat about the post, please contact Elizabeth Jewkes (chair) on 07833 772531.