Date Added: 9 November 2017
: 23 November 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (part time)
Working For: Geraint Davies MP
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
I am looking for a part-time Parliamentary Assistant (2 or 3 days a week) to join my office as part of an expanding Westminster team.
The role will involve working with the Senior Parliamentary Assistant to manage my busy diary, conduct research and general administration to support and promote my Parliamentary activities, including my work on three select committees, pursuing a number of private bills and on all party groups. My constituency office and local media need to be engaged in my activities. The nature of the work can be adjusted to some extent to the successful candidate’s skill set, and there is also room for negotiating hours.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Managing the MP's busy diary
- Conducting research to produce briefs for debates and select committee work
- Arranging events in Parliament and attending meetings.
- Writing letters and publicity materials
- Managing press communications and social media
- Liason with constituency office
This role is suitable for someone who is:
- Able to work independently and keep to tight deadlines
- Highly organised, with particular attention to detail
- Able to prioritise tasks and be flexible to the MP’s needs
- Sympathetic to Labour Party ideals and tuned in to my priorities in Parliament
Experience of the following would be desirable but not essential:
- Working in a Parliamentary office
- Managing tight deadlines, competing priorities and significant workloads
- Using Microsoft Office software
- Managing social media
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 November 2017
Interview Date - 30 November 2017
Start Date - As soon as possible
Please send a single page covering letter and your CV to Geraint Davies MP at firstname.lastname@example.org, with email title 'Application for Parliamentary Assistant'