Date Added: 9 November 2017
: 27 November 2017
Job Title: Regional Manager
Working For: BookTrust
Location: Yorkshire, North East and East Midlands
Salary: £30,440 - £33,044 + excellent benefits
BookTrust is the UK's largest children's reading charity. We know that children who read are happier, healthier, more empathetic, and more creative. They also do better at school. Working with every local authority and across every region in the country we reach over 3million families a year via partners in schools, children's centres, health visitors and libraries. This incredible network helps us to deliver our imaginative programmes which improve educational outcomes, raise aspirations and ultimately effect lasting social change
We are now seeking to recruit a Regional Manager. Working as part of a team of 5, our Regional Managers liaise directly with local authorities, libraries, health visitors and early years settings to ensure that BookTrust resources are delivered to children and families across the country with maximum impact. Suited to someone with a background in local government, libraries or public health, the Regional Manager we are recruiting will cover Yorkshire and the Humber, the North East and East Midlands, with occasional travel to other areas and regions, as well as regular trips to London
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Enthusiastic, credible ambassador with a demonstrable ability to develop relationships across a wide range of people and groups, including local authority officers, politicians, civil servants, corporate and third sector partners and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively and cogently with a diverse range of audiences, in writing, in person and through presentations.
- A highly motivated self-starter able to achieve set targets, balance workloads and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of working autonomously and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of local authorities work, and both the formal and informal community based networks they operate within.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and ability to use new software, hardware and IT solutions as required by the organisation
- Flexibility and capacity to travel as required by a regional role, with some elements of national travel
- Ability to develop knowledge about the importance of reading for pleasure and the role it plays in health and wellbeing, attainment and social mobility.
Closing Date: 27 November 2017
Applications should be submitted no later than 09.00am. Interviews will take place during the week commencing 4th December 2017. Ideally, the succesful candidate will be able to start in January 2018.
Interested candidates should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to BookTrust's Head of English Regions, Oliver Coppard, at firstname.lastname@example.org